Disclaimer: This website reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used.
Project "Nature Access to all" (NatAc)
Project objective is facilitating access to nature tourism by developing the chain of accessible nature tourism sites in Latvia, Estonia and Finland.
- local and foreign travellers
- tourism entrepreneurs and service providers
- local municipalities and nature parks
- non-governmental sector uniting people with disabilities
Implementation period is 01.05.2019 – 30.04.2021. The project is implemented by the Lead Partner – Kurzeme planning region in cooperation with 3 partners from Estonia and Finland:
- MTÜ Lääne-Eesti Turism (NGO West-Estonia Tourism)
- Keskkonnaamet (Estonian Environmental Board)
- Metsähallitus (Parks & Wildlife Finland)
Total budget is 965 773 €, including funding of ERAF 762 932 €. Environmental Board’s budget is 126 968 €.
Project activities managed by Environmental Board:
- Study tour to Denmark to learn best practice – experience exchange visit by all project partners, municipality and tourism specialists.
- Nature interpretation toolboxes for disabled people. Toolboxes will mainly focus on the traditional senses: sight, hearing, smell, touch.
- Kick-off meeting in Liepaja, Latvia 20.-21.05.2019: presentation about project (2.74 MB, PDF), Environmental Board's presentation (1.21 MB, PDF). (Added 31.10.2019.)
- Study-visit to Denmark 30.04.-05.10.2019: agenda (470.07 KB, PDF), conclusions (473.18 KB, PDF), individual feedback (502.57 KB, PDF). (Added 10.10.2019.)
- Project meeting in Haapsalu, 13.-14.11.2019: summary (1.38 MB, PDF), presentation about project process (6.15 MB, PDF). (Added 27.11.2019)
Margit Turb, environmental education specialist, ph +372 518 6747, firstname.lastname@example.org