European Union grants
During the budget period 2014–2020 of the European Union, Estonia will receive grants in the sum of 4.4 billion euros from the following structural and investments funds:
• European Regional Development Fund (ERDF);
• European Social Fund (ESF);
• Cohesion Fund (CF);
• European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD);
• European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
The five main funds cooperate to support the economic development in all of the Member States of the European Union in conformity with the Europe 2020 strategy. Detailed information: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/en/funding/
The Environmental Board carries out activities in the frames of two projects from the means of the Cohesion Fund (CF programme).
1. “Inventories and data acquisition of protected species and habitats”
Inventory of protected species and habitats. The project includes developing spread models of species habitats and updating information on species and habitats in the database. In addition, an information system is developed which creates new possibilities for submitting and processing data. Additional information: Nele Sõber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. “Preservation and restoration of protected species and habitats”
Investments to restore the values of protected habitats and landscapes, to develop the infrastructure of protected areas and to maintain semi-natural communities. Additional information: Jaanus Tuusti (email@example.com)