Submission of forest notification
The forest owner or the representative of the owner must submit a forest notification to the Environmental Board:
1) concerning planned cuttings, except cleaning;
2) concerning serious forest damage.
Without submitting a forest notification, the forest owner may cut up to 20 solid cubic metres of wood per immovable per year.
Forest notification may be submitted:
- in the forest register register.metsad.ee; read also E-forest Notification Submission Guide for Forest Owners (746.56 KB, PDF);
- by sending an electronically filled and digitally signed forest notification to the general e-mail address of the Environmental Board via e-mail;
- by bringing it personally to the office of the Environmental Board;
- by post by sending it to the office of the Environmental Board of the location of the registered immovable.
Here you fill find the form of forest notification in PDF format (PDF).
NB! In order to fill the PDF format of the forest notification successfully, open the file and save it to a suitable location by using the file-save as command. Please make sure that you have the newest version of the PDF programme when filling out the forest notification PDF format.
The Environmental Board assesses the compliance of the submitted forest notification with the requirements
The Environmental Board shall check the compliance of the forest notification with the requirements and the compliance of the planned cutting with the requirements established by legislation within 15 working days.
If the making of the decision on the planned cutting requires coordination or forest protection expert assessment pursuant to subsection 29 (12) of the Forest Act, the Environmental Board has up to 30 working days to check the forest notification.
Cutting in compliance with legislation or serious forest damage is registered in the forest register. If the forest notification has been submitted on paper or via an e-mail and is digitally signed, the Environmental Board shall send a registry extract to the person who submitted the forest notification regarding the registration of the cutting.
In reasoned cases, the Environmental Board may set additional conditions stemming from legislation for the cutting planned with forest notification.
If the cutting planned with forest notification does not comply with the requirements of legislation, the registration is refused and reasons for the refusal are stated in writing and recommendations are made for bringing the activity into compliance with legislation.
- The Forest Act
- Rules of forest management
- The list of information to be given in a forest notification, the form of a forest notification and the procedure and terms for submission, return, registration and processing of a forest notification
If you have any questions about the technical matters of the submission of e-forest notification, please call the customer service of the Environmental Board number 662 5999 (Mon-Thu 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Fri 9 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.